Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day

Share a smile. 
Fill the world with cheer. 
Spread Valentine spirit far and near.

Happy Valentines day all! To celebrate I made these little chocolate and ganache treats. They are the perfect comfort food since I am feeling sorry for myself (Himself is out of the country for work).

 

Gananche is super simple yet really impressive.

All you need is 500g good quality chocolate and 250ml of cream. Bring the cream to a boil in a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate and stir. Put in the fridge, stirring every 5 minutes until the mixture is thick enough to spread.

I left the mixture fairly runny and poured it on top of the cupcakes while they were still warm. This let it sink into the cake, making it rich and gooey.... my favorite!


The cupcake toppers are from One Charming Party. I love getting their newsletter every day with free printables and great party ideas.


I've also been indulging in peanut butter M&M's. I absolutely love that they do them in holiday colours (Valentines ones pictured above).

Hope you have a sweet day!




No comments:

Post a Comment